(online first) ‘Setting the Story Straight: Fictionalism about Grounding‘ Philosophical Studies.
(2019) ‘Questions and Answers: Metaphysical Explanation and the Structure of Reality‘ Journal of the American Philosophical Association 5(1): 98-116.
(2019) ‘Is Building Built?‘ Analysis 79(2): 315-327.
(2018) ‘Metaphysical Interdependence, Epistemic Coherentism and Holistic Explanation’ Bliss, R. and Priest, G. (eds) Reality and its Structure (Oxford: Oxford University Press).
(2016) ‘Grounding and Metaphysical Explanation’ Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society 116(3): 395-402.
(2016) ‘Metaphysical Interdependence’ in Jago, M. (ed) Reality Making (Oxford: Oxford University Press), pp. 38-55. (Final draft)
(2016) ‘Discerning the Structure of Reality’ The Philosopher’s Magazine, 74, pp. 71-75. (Final draft)
Book Reviews, Handbook Articles, etc.
(forthcoming) ‘Metaphysical Explanation’ Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (with Alex Skiles, Anna-Sofia Maurin, Robin Stenwall and Andrew Brenner).
(2020) ‘Metaphysical Explanation’ in Bliss & Miller (eds.) Routledge Handbook of Metametaphysics.
(2020) ‘Partial Order’ in M. Raven (ed.) Routledge Handbook of Metaphysical Grounding.
(2014) ‘Ontological Dependence‘ in Oxford Bibliographies Online: Philosophy, http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195396577/obo-9780195396577-0203.xml
Work in Progress and Under Review
Book project: Structuring Reality (under contract with Oxford University Press). Expected 2023.
- ‘Grounding Antiphysicalism’ for G. Rabin (ed.) Grounding and Consciousness (Oxford: Oxford University Press) (With Darragh Byrne).
- A paper on scepticism about metaphysical explanation
- A paper arguing that games are a kind of fictional world
- A paper on fictionalism about grounding (under review)
- Grounding, Metaontology and Metametaontology
- A paper defending modal fictionalism against an objection (under review)
- A paper on irrealism about fictional characters